Cookbook:Corn and Shrimp Chowder
|Corn and Shrimp Chowder|
Corn and Shrimp Chowder
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over low heat.
- Add onion, carrot and garlic.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is transparent, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth and dill seeds.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Add corn to broth and simmer, covered, until the corn is just tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the newly made chowder and pour it back into the saucepan.
- Add shelled shrimp, simmer and cook until shrimp are almost done, about 1 minute.
- Stir in milk and parsley, salt and pepper.
- Bring mixture back to simmer.
- Serve immediately.