|Servings||12 3-inch muffins|
These Corn Muffins are moist and sweet with a slightly crunchy crust. This recipe is based on a recipe (quintessential corn muffins) from Rose Levy Berenbaum's Bread Bible, but with yogurt substituted for the sour cream. This is also double her recipe.
- Melt the butter and allow to cool. I find it helpful to pour the butter from ramekin to ramekin, which both lubes up the ramekins and cools the butter.
- Mix the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Whisk together the egg and yogurt, and stir them quickly into the dry goods, leaving some lumps.
- Add the melted butter and fold.
- Pour into ramekins or muffin tins
- Bake 15-18 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, or until the tops are golden.
Notes, tips and variationsEdit
- This recipe makes a fine cornbread, too, if poured into a 6x9 inch pan instead of muffin tins.