|Yield||12 ea. 3-inch muffins|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
These corn muffins are moist and sweet with a slightly crunchy crust This recipe is based on a recipe from Rose Levy Berenbaum's Bread Bible, but with yogurt substituted for the sour cream. This is also double her recipe.
- 1 cup (128 g) cornmeal
- 1 cup plus 1 Tbsp (150 g) bleached all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp plus 4 tsp (66 g) sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1–⅓ cups yogurt or sour cream
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- Mix the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Whisk together the egg and yogurt, and stir them quickly into the dry goods, leaving some lumps.
- Add the melted butter and fold in.
- Pour into ramekins or muffin tins.
- Bake for 15–18 minutes at 400°F, or until the tops are golden.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- It can be helpful to pour the butter from ramekin to ramekin, which both lubes up the ramekins and cools the butter.
- This recipe makes a fine cornbread, too, if poured into a 6x9-inch pan instead of muffin tins.