Cookbook:Christmas Mince Pies (Meat-Free)
|Christmas Mince Pies (Meat-Free)
This is the recipe for the fruity mince pies that we all know and eat at Christmas time. These typically do not contain minced beef, but they may not be completely vegetarian since fruit mince can sometimes contain suet.
- Roll out the pastry dough if needed, and cut out small rounds of dough.
- Line greased tartlet pans with the dough rounds.
- Spoon heaped teaspoons of fruit mince into each tartlet shell.
- Top the tartlets with slightly smaller circles of dough, preferably cut with a fluted cutter
- Bake until golden brown.
- If desired, dust pies with a light sprinkling of icing sugar just before serving.