Cookbook:Chivito (Uruguayan Beef Sandwich)
(Redirected from Cookbook:Chivito)
|Chivito (Uruguayan Beef Sandwich)|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
This article was based on an article in the Greek version of Wikibooks.
- Cut the loaf of bread lengthwise and put in a warm place.
- Cook the beef in a hot frying pan with a little oil.
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
- Fry the egg alongside the beef or in another frying pan. The yolk should be well cooked (not runny).
- Spread a little mayo on both sides of cut bread. Top with the beef, the fried egg, a couple of lettuce leaves, and the tomato slices.
- Top with ketchup or mustard to taste.
- Cover with the other half of the bread loaf. Serve hot.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- Chivito Canadiense: This is a variation which adds a couple of slice of a cold cut called "Lomito Canadiense" which is a cured pork sirloin which might be on the sweetish side if cured with honey. A couple of slices are heated in the frying pan together with the beef and egg and towered before adding the lettuce and tomato.
- "Chivito Al Plato" includes all the above ingredients except for the bread. Everything is piled on a plate and eaten with a knife and fork instead as sandwiched in a bread loaf. Some add a few pickled vegetables (cucumber, carrot, etc).