Cookbook:Chipotle Maple Glazed Pork Tenderloin
- 1 pork tenderloin, trimmed of silver skin
- 4 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, finely minced
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbs finely grated lime zest
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbs honey
- Combine lime, garlic, salt, honey, and pepper in a gallon size zip-top bag. Add pork and refrigerate 24 hours.
- In 24 hours, drain pork. Set aside.
- Heat 4 1/2 pounds of natural chunk charcoal in a large chimney starter according to accompanying directions. Once coals have heated, disperse evenly around the bottom of the grill. Reapply grill grate and swab grate with an oil-soaked towel.
- Add pork to hottest part of grill and cook 1 1/2 minutes. Turn 90 degrees and cook another 1 1/2 minutes. Repeat 12 times or until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F for medium rare.
- While pork cooks, combine chipotle and maple syrup. Set aside.
- Make a foil pouch and place cooked pork inside. Pour maple mixture over and tightly seal. Let rest 15 minutes and serve warm.