Cookbook:Chipotle Maple Glazed Pork Tenderloin
|Chipotle Maple Glazed Pork Tenderloin|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Pork tenderloin is at its best when quickly cooked on the grill.
- 1 pork tenderloin, trimmed of silver skin
- 4 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, finely minced
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp finely-grated lime zest
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp honey
- Combine lime, garlic, salt, honey, and pepper in a gallon size zip-top bag. Add pork and refrigerate 24 hours.
- In 24 hours, drain pork. Set aside.
- Heat 4 ½ pounds of natural chunk charcoal in a large chimney starter according to accompanying directions. Once coals have heated, disperse evenly around the bottom of the grill. Reapply grill grate and swab grate with an oil-soaked towel.
- Add pork to hottest part of grill and cook 1 ½ minutes. Rotate 90 degrees and cook another 1 ½ minutes. Repeat 12 times or until internal temperature reaches 140°F for medium rare.
- While pork cooks, combine chipotle and maple syrup. Set aside.
- Make a foil pouch and place cooked pork inside. Pour maple mixture over and tightly seal. Let rest 15 minutes and serve warm.