Cookbook:Chipotle Fried Chicken
- 2 (each) skinless chicken thighs, legs, and boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup adobo sauce
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- Cornmeal as needed
- 1 lb vegetable shortening
- Combine adobo sauce and lime juice and pour over chicken. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove chicken from adobo mixture. Combine the seasoning ingredients, and sprinkle over chicken.
- Dredge chicken in cornmeal. Let rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat shortening in a large cast iron skillet to 350°F. Place breasts and legs around the edges, then place thighs in the center.
- Cook for 12 minutes per side. Drain on a cooling rack and serve.