Cookbook:Chipotle BBQ Sauce
This sauce is really smoky and hot, so if you can't stand the heat, adjust it to your liking.
- 2 cans chipotle chile in adobo including all of adobo sauce
- 1 bottle ketchup
- 1 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp AP flour
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Whisk together oil and flour and cook on medium heat, stirring constantly until light blonde color is achieved.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and cook 15 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes and puree in batches until smooth.
- Store in nonreactive container for up to 1 week.