Cookbook:Chipotle BBQ Salmon Burgers
There's a new trend in burgers: Non-beef burgers. Now, instead of beef, people are making them out of other meats, such as pork, fish, and game. These are especially popular in the United States
- Run salmon cubes through a meat grinder on medium setting. Mix with chipotle, sauce, butter, and adobo.
- Form into 4 equal patties, about ¾ inch thick. Brush with extra-virgin olive oil and season both sides liberally with seasoning. Set aside.
- Preheat grill pan to medium high. Rub with olive oil, then add salmon. Grill 5-6 minutes per side for medium rare, or until desired doneness is achieved.
- Brush buns with oil. Place a patty on and close. Serve immediately with desired condiments.
Notes, Tips, and VariationsEdit
- You could try this with a standard grill, but they may not stay together. To cook on a standard grill, follow same directions only with a standard grill.
- An excellent way to cook them on a grill is by planking. Just soak 2 untreated cedar, applewood, hickory, or mesquite planks in cold water for 1 hour. Air dry overnight, then place on the sides of one burner heated to medium low. Add 2 patties to each plank and insert a probe thermometer into one of them. Cover and cook until temperature is 140˚F.