Cookbook:Chickpea Curry (Masaledaar Chole)
|Chickpea Curry (Masaledaar Chole)|
Masaladaar chole is a dish of chickpeas in spicy gravy.
- Soak the chickpeas overnight in water.
- Pressure cook the chickpeas until done (3 whistles).
- Heat the cooking oil in a pot. Add the onions and sauté until golden brown.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala, and Madras curry powder.
- Add the tomatoes, ginger, and garlic paste and stir for about 1 minute.
- Add the boiled chickpeas and some water.
- Add salt to taste. Cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with chapattis or paratha.