Cookbook:Chicken with Orange, Spinach and Cherry Tomatoes
|Chicken with Orange, Spinach and Cherry Tomatoes|
|Time||prep 5 min, cooking 20 min|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes |
A simple recipe that combines vegetable and fruit with chicken. The recipe utilizes baking in foil, which is a great low-fat cooking method that produces wonderfully tender and juicy chicken.
Equipment and suppliesEdit
- Large baking sheet
- Medium bowl
- Small bowl
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place large baking sheet in oven to heat.
- Mix dill, orange peel, garlic and salt in medium bowl. Season with pepper.
- Combine tomatoes, oil and 1 teaspoon dill mixture in small bowl.
- Add chicken to remaining dill mixture in medium bowl and toss to coat.
- Cut 4 sheets of foil each about 20 inches long.
- Arrange 1 cup spinach on 1 sheet of foil.
- Place a quarter of the sliced chicken mixture atop spinach.
- Spoon a quarter of the tomato mixture atop chicken.
- Fold foil over, enclosing contents completely and crimping edges tightly to seal.
- Repeat with remaining 3 foil sheets, forming 4 packets total.
- Arrange foil packets in single layer on heated baking sheet.
- Bake until chicken is just cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to plates; let stand 5 minutes.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- Serve with rice.