Cookbook:Chicken Brown Rice Soup
|Chicken Brown Rice Soup|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Soup
This is a tasty and filling soup.
- 5 pounds (2.3 kg) boneless chicken breast
- 2 pounds (900 g) onions, diced
- 2 pounds (900 g) celery, chopped
- 2 pounds (900 g) baby carrots (whole)
- 3 pounds (1350 g) brown rice
- 2 tablespoons of parsley
- 18 pounds (8.1 kg) chicken broth
- 1 container Mrs Dash seasoning
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- olive oil optional
- Cut the chicken into small pieces.
- Fill the stock pot half full with water. Add the chicken and chicken broth in the large stock pot.
- Let boil for about an hour, stirring frequently.
- After an hour combine the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
Possible other veggies to add include:
- 2 pounds (900 g) broccoli
- 2 pounds (900 g) cauliflower
- 2 pounds (900 g) corn