Cookbook:Cheese on Toast
Cheese on toast is a simple concept but easy to get wrong.
- Thick-cut bread
- Firm fleshed strong flavoured cheese, grated
- Toast one side of the bread under a medium grill (called a broiler in some regions of the world).
- Lightly toast the other side of the bread, just enough to warm it, then spread the grated cheese over it. You can add pickles, finely chopped onion, or even some crushed walnuts at this stage.
- Grill (broil) the cheesy side of the bread until the cheese is bubbling and brown.
- Eat quickly, but be careful, as the cheese will be tongue-burningly hot!