Cookbook:Champ (Irish Mashed Potato with Scallion)
- Peel and boil potatoes in water until done.
- Drain the potatoes and mash them.
- Pour the milk into a saucepan, add the chopped scallions and cook vigorously.
- When cooked, sieve the scallions and set the milk aside.
- Add the scallions to the potatoes and mix well.
- Add as much of the scallion or green onion infused milk as possible to make a ‘wet’ soft mixture.
- Season with freshly ground pepper (and salt if desired).
- Serve the Champ with a central well filled with melted butter.