Cookbook:Champ (Irish Mashed Potato with Scallion)
(Redirected from Cookbook:Champ)
|Champ (Irish Mashed Potato with Scallion)|
- Boil potatoes in water until done.
- Drain the potatoes and mash them.
- Pour the milk into a saucepan, add the chopped scallions and cook vigorously.
- When cooked, sieve the scallions and set the milk aside.
- Add the scallions to the potatoes and mix well.
- Add as much of the scallion-infused milk as possible to make a ‘wet’ soft mixture.
- Season with freshly ground pepper and salt.
- Serve with a central well filled with melted butter.