This is a traditional Jewish dish.
- Set the oven to 190°C Celsius 375° Fahrenheit
- Grease a 1 litre casserole dish.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy and pale in color.
- Very Finely grate the carrot and apple, and squeeze out all the liquid.
- Mix the grated carrot, apple, orange rind, orange and lemon juice, and flour.
- Combine the two mixtures.
- Whisk the egg whites until they are very stiff and fold into carrot mixture.
- Spoon into the greased casserole dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.