- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Put cabbage into pot of boiling water, cover, let sit for three minutes, then drain.
- Combine ground beef, milk, egg, rice, onion, pepper, and salt. Divide into twelve portions.
- Place 1 meat portion on each cabbage leaf.
- Roll leaf around filling and fasten with toothpick.
- Place the rolls in a baking dish.
- Combine tomato paste, tomatoes, sugar, water, and vinegar, then pour over cabbage rolls.
- Cover baking dish, and bake at 350°F (175C) for 40 minutes.
- Remove cabbage rolls from pan, and take out toothpicks. Place on the serving dish
- Add cornstarch and water to sauce mixture and stir together. Warm, if needed, to allow the cornstarch mixture to thicken the sauce.
- Pour the completed sauce over the rolls on the serving dish.
- Garnish as desired and serve.