Cookbook:Butternut Squash Soup
|Butternut Squash Soup|
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 medium onions, peeled and halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- ¼ cup cream sherry
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Rub onions and squash with olive oil. Bake uncovered for about 1 hour or until done. Cool slightly.
- Spoon squash pulp into a food processor. Add onions and 1–2 cups of chicken stock. Purée until smooth.
- Pour into cooking pot. Add garlic, sherry and nutmeg, and stir over medium heat.
- Add remaining stock and cook until hot. Season to taste.