- Combine all the ingredients in a big bowl. Marinate for at least 30 minutes, but marinating overnight will get the best flavor and tenderization.
- Grill the beef.
- Serve with rice.
Notes, tips, and variations
- Use same amount of soy sauce and sugar.
- If you do this a day ahead, reduce the amount of soy sauce and don't forget to put it in a refrigerator.
- Use thinly-sliced beef, available specifically for Bulgogi in some grocery stores, for best results.
- You can grill this on a table top, with a shallow pan. You can also use just a normal fry pan.
- Grill over medium-high heat and have the juice of beef and vegetables on rice.
- You may marinate the beef in cola (Coca-Cola works best) instead of using just sugar. The extra liquid helps the meat to absorb the marinade more quickly.
- You can also add 1 finely-chopped or grated Korean pear to your marinade overnight in lieu of sugar or cola. This will help tenderize the meat.