Cookbook:Buka Stew With Assorted Meats
|Buka Stew With Assorted Meats|
Buka stew with assorted meats is a Yoruba recipe. The name ''buka" came into existence from the local buka joint. It can be served with white rice, ofada rice, beans, etc.
- Add palm oil to a pot and allow to heat for 10–15 minutes. Add onion and discard after bleaching. Cool and reserve.
- Blend together the tomatoes, pepper, onion, locust beans, and maggi seasoning.
- Put the assorted meat in a pot, and boil until cooked. Remove the meat.
- Pan-fry the meat in oil for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato mixture. Add the stockfish, and allow to simmer until the oil floats the top of the stew.
- Add the bleached oil and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice, beans, ofada rice, etc.