Cookbook:Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
|Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
A Buffalo chicken sandwich is a sandwich consisting of pieces of boneless Buffalo chicken and blue cheese on a submarine sandwich style roll. The recipe is for one sandwich. It can be doubled, tripled, quadrupled, etc., but fry the chicken one piece at a time.
- Heat just enough oil to cover chicken to 350 °F (175°C) in a large frying pan or a deep-fryer.
- Stir together flour and salt. Dredge chicken in milk, then flour mixture, again in milk, then flour a second time. Refrigerate chicken for 10–15 minutes.
- Deep fry chicken in oil for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on a rack.
- Toast or grill the face of the bun.
- Put chicken in a bowl with a lid. Add hot sauce, put lid on, and shake gently to coat.
- Put chicken on bun and top with lettuce and tomato. Serve open face, with blue cheese dressing on the side.