Cookbook:Buñuelos (Sweet Fried Pastry)
Buñuelos are a type of Latin-American fried pastry.
- In a large bowl combine eggs with 1/4 cup sugar and beat until thick and lemon-colored. Add the oil. Combine separately 1-1/2 cups of the flour, the baking powder and the salt.
- Gradually add this to the egg mixture and beat well.
- Turn dough out onto a floured board (use remaining 1/2 cup flour) and knead thoroughly until dough is smooth.
- Shape dough into sixteen balls. Roll each one into a circle about 5 inches (13 cm) in diameter. Let stand uncovered on waxed paper for about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep fry pan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Fry circles until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Store in an airtight container.