Cookbook:British Christmas Pudding
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Christmas pudding is a traditional British dish served at Christmas time. British people in different regions may call this dish by different names. Traditional Christmas pudding can be served with coated butter, or sauce, or even cream. Moreover, it can be cooked nearly 6 weeks before Christmas. British people keep the pudding in a greaseproof paper stored in a cool place. The longer it is being cooked, the brighter it will be. As a rule the pudding must consist of 13 ingredients; however, British cuisine of those old times was really different and today we present a new recipe of Christmas pudding that is common in the modern British society. It is very easy and will take you nearly 45 minutes to prepare this dish.
- Combine all dried mixed fruit in a large bowl. Stir well.
- Mix in the flour, then the sugar, lemon, orange, breadcrumbs, and nuts.
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl. Mix eggs into the dry ingredients.
- Steam the pudding for several hours, remove it, and put it in a cool place.
- Serve with butter, cream, custard, or brandy.