Cookbook:Bison Meatballs Baked in Hoisin Sauce (Marvin)
|Bison Meatballs Baked in Hoisin Sauce (Marvin)|
Marvins are a quick and tasty variation on the meatball.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Oil the bottom of a 9x12-inch Pyrex baking dish.
- Thinly slice the onion to create long thin slices.
- Microwave the onion slices and garlic on high for 5 minutes.
- Grind the cumin, coriander, peppercorns, cloves, and salt together using a mortar and pestle.
- Roughly mix the softened onions and garlic, bison, rice, spice grind, fish sauce, and basil.
- Shape the meat mixture into tapered cylinders (similar to small sweet potatoes) and place into the baking dish. The Marvins should be about 1¼ inch diameter in the middle and 5 inches long.
- Coat the Marvins with hoisin sauce.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes in the preheated oven.
Notes, tips, and variations Edit
- Always follow safe handling guidelines when using raw meat.