Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
This recipe is adapted from the public domain cookbook Mrs. Beeton's Book of Household Management.
- 1¼ cups (175 g/6.2 oz) all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (55 g/1.9 oz) caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C (428 °F). Grease a baking pan.
- Beat the egg and milk together in a bowl.
- Mix the other ingredients into the egg mixture to form a soft dough.
- Roll out the dough to 5 mm (0.20 in) and cut out into very thin biscuits with a round cookie cutter.
- Place the biscuits on the baking pan.
- Bake for 6 minutes until golden.
- Take the biscuits out of the oven and leave them to cool.