Betty's Salad is a regional, Midwest salad created by Betty Timko and featured as a menu item at her restaurant, Timko's Soup and Such, in Toledo, Ohio. The restaurant was located in a brick building at the northwest corner of Sylvania and Douglas Roads of the Devaux Village strip mall in West Toledo . After Betty died, the restaurant closed, and her signature salad dressing is still produced and distributed at regional grocery stores.
- Half package fresh spinach
- 6 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 can bean sprouts, drained
- 1–2 cans water chestnuts, drained and sliced (optional, depending on the recipe you follow)
- 1 pound fried bacon, crumbled
- Layer the salad ingredients in the order listed.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in blender. Pour over salad.
- Store salad in fridge.