Cookbook:Barbecue Sauce (Sweet)
(Redirected from Cookbook:Barbecue Sauce - Sweet)
- 1 cup tomato catsup (ketchup)
- ¾ cup cider vinegar
- 2 or 3 tablespoons mustard
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- garlic powder or minced garlic to taste (optional)
- Combine together and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, until thickens slightly.
- Arrange chicken pieces or pork chops in a greased baking dish.
- Pour half of sauce over and bake at 350°F (175°C) for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Pour remaining sauce over before serving.
Can also keep sauce in refrigerator and use like bottled BBQ sauce.