Cookbook:Barbecue Prime Rib
- 1 ea. 4-bone standing rib roast, prime grade
- Prime Rib seasoning, as needed
- Canola oil, as needed
- Large mesquite chunks
- Coat roast with oil. Shake on seasoning and massage into meat.
- Place dry mesquite chunks into firebox of a 250°F smoker.
- Insert a probe thermometer into center of roast and set for 118°F.
- Place roast into smoker and lower heat to 200°F. Cook until internal temperature is achieved, changing mesquite as needed.
- Remove and grill on high heat for 7 minutes or until desired crust is achieved.
- Remove and let rest 10 minutes. Serve.