Cookbook:Banana and Pear Cake (Vegan)
(Redirected from Cookbook:Banana and pear Cake (Vegan))
- 3 bananas, mashed until smooth
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cup of rice milk or coconut milk
- 2-2 ½ cups of white flour
- ½ cup rice flour
- 10g baking powder
- ~ 500g of coconut cream
- 250g rose jam
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C
- Mix in the brown sugar, olive oil, and rice/coconut milk
- Combine both flours and the baking powder. Gradually mix the dry mixture into the batter.
- Spread the batter in a non-stick cake pan.
- Bake at 180˚C until the cake is browned and tests clean when poked with a skewer. This should take approx. 40-45 minutes, depending on the oven - with/without fan).
- When cooled, slice the cake horizontally into two to three layers.
- Whip the coconut cream until fluffy.
- Spread the rose jam and cream between the cake layers, leaving some for the topping.
- Decorate the cake with the remaining whipped coconut cream, the banana, and pear slices.
- Grate dark chocolate on top if desired.
- Stick the coconut shavings on the side.
- Put the cake in the fridge for 15 minutes to cool and harden.
- Cut and serve.