Potatoes are perfect for camping—they don't take up space in the cooler, and cooked in foil they are easy to prepare.
Camping variation Edit
- Scrub potato and pierce the skin all over with a fork.
- Wrap potato lightly oiled heavy-duty foil and seal.
- Cook over medium-hot coals for 45 minutes or until soft.
- Serve with salt and butter or sour cream .
Microwave variation Edit
- Clean and prepare potatoes as above, but wrap them in waxed paper, not foil. Be sure to poke the potato with a fork to make sure it is cooked evenly.
- Place a piece of paper towel in the microwave, and microwave potatoes on high for 8 minutes. Potatoes will be extremely hot when finished.
- Cut potato into four and serve with toppings of your choice.
Oven variation Edit
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Clean and prepare potatoes as above.
- Place the potatoes in the oven.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Remove when cooked. Puncture potato and separate skin from flesh.
Notes, tips, and variations Edit
- When cooking is initially completed, handle the hot potato with care.