- Heat oil in a deep fryer or other pot to 350 °F (180 °C), making sure that the pot is large enough that the oil doesn't fill it more than halfway.
- Combine teriyaki glaze, soy sauce and sugar in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cut bacon strips in half lengthwise.
- Wrap each scallop with one of these half strips of bacon, and secure by skewering with a wooden toothpick.
- Working in batches so as not to crowd the fryer, fry the scallops until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from oil, drain briefly and toss in the soy-teriyaki sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Tips, Notes, and VariationsEdit
- Do not eat the toothpick!