Cookbook:Bachelor Fish Stew
|Bachelor Fish Stew|
Bachelor Fish Stew is appallingly easy to make, very flexible, and very nutritious (due to the oily fish, beans, and tomatoes).
Notes, tricks, and variations edit
- Unless you add additional ingredients that require additional cooking times, no long cooking is necessary because all the tinned food should be cooked already.
- You can add anything that can cook by being boiled - an egg, vegetables chopped to about 1 inch, smallish broccoli florets, etc. Make sure to simmer long enough to cook the additions—probably 20 minutes will do.
- Any oily fish will work, like sardines, etc.
- If you're feeling advanced, chop and fry an onion in the saucepan with a knob of butter and the curry powder before adding everything else.
- Serve with boiled pasta to feed more people. Cook the pasta separately in a large pot of salted water.