Cookbook:Ayam Goreng Mentega (Fried Chicken in Sweet Butter Sauce)
|Ayam Goreng Mentega (Fried Chicken in Sweet Butter Sauce)|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Cuisine of Indonesia
Ayam Goreng is an Indonesian fried chicken dish. This version features an accompanying butter sauce.
- 1 medium-sized chicken, cut into small pieces (12–16 pieces)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 cups frying oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp regular soy sauce (tamari)
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 8 tbsp Indonesian sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
- Slices of 2 limes
- Season the chicken pieces with salt. Coat with lemon juice, and let marinate for 15–20 minutes.
- Heat the oil to about 350°F (180°C), and fry chicken until it is golden. Remove chicken from oil, and set aside to drain.
- Sauté the garlic and onion for a minute or two. Add the remaining sauce ingredients.
- Stir fry for a minute and then add chicken pieces. Toss to coat.
- Serve hot with lime wedges.