- Wash the apricots in several changes of water, then dry and cut in halves.
- Place in a large crock and pour on the warm water, reserving ½ cup of water in which to dissolve the yeast cake.
- Stir in the sugars, fruit, raisins, and ginger.
- Add the dissolved yeast and mix well.
- Cover with the top of the crock and let stand.
- Stir every other day.
- After thirty days, strain the mixture and bottle it.
Tips, Notes, and VariationsEdit
- Be sure to check with national, regional, and municipal laws, to produce wine lawfully!
- Please drink alcoholic beverages responsibly, and have someone sober drive you, if you need to travel after imbibing.
- Please do not share with underage people.
- To jump start the yeast, dissolve in water with a pinch of the sugar the night before starting, and let stand covered with cloth or a paper towel in a warm place, like the top of the refrigerator.
- An actual wine yeast from a wine making store or supplier would also improve outcome.
- Extreme cleanliness will prevent spoiling due to bacteria or wild yeast.
- For best fermentation, keep in a temperature you are comfortable in. Too cool and it ferments slower, too warm and it will ferment bitter, too hot and the yeast will die. They are alive, you know!