- 1 cup peeled and chopped apple
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, divided
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- 2½ quarts (2.5 liters) peanut or canola oil
- Powdered sugar
- Run the apple, sugar, eggs, butter, and salt in the food processor until a thick paste forms.
- Roll paste into 3-inch balls. Dredge balls in flour. Set aside for 2–3 minutes.
- Heat oil to 375°F (190°C). Add paste balls and fry until golden brown and cooked through.
- Drain fritters on a cooling rack. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.