Cookbook:Amala with Ewedu and Stew
|Amala with Ewedu and Stew
Amala with ewedu is a Nigerian meal, mostly eaten as dinner.
- Bring some water to a boil in a saucepan. Remove from the heat, and gradually stir in the amala flour with a spatula or paddle until well-mixed.
- Return to medium heat, and cook for 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir well.
- Cook again for another 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir well, and set aside.
- Blend the ewedu leaves in a blender with a little water, then transfer to a saucepan. Alternatively, place the whole leaves in the saucepan with a little water, and cook while breaking up the leaves with a Nigerian cooking broom.
- Add the eru and let boil for some time.
- Blend the peppers, tomatoes, and shombo to a purée.
- Cook the onion in a pot with a little oil. Add the purée, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Season with stock cube and salt, and thin with water if necessary.
- Add the meat or fish, and cook until done.
- Serve the stew with the ewedu and amala.