|Almond Milk I|
|Yield||4 cups (1 l/1.1 US qt)|
|Time||10 minutes plus overnight soaking|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
||1 glass (250 ml)
|Servings Per Recipe:
|Amount per serving
|Calories from fat
Almonds are soaked and ground to make almond milk, a plant-based beverage that can be used as a nondairy milk substitute.
- 1 cup (100 g/3.5 oz) almonds
- 4 cups (1 l/1.1 US qt) water
- Dates (optional)
- Salt (optional)
- Soak the almonds the water overnight. They should swell and become supple.
- Grind the soaked almonds and water in a blender. Blend in a pinch of salt and a few dates if desired.
- Strain the almond mixture through a fine filter to remove the almond solids. Folded cheesecloth or a nut milk bag work well.
- Use the almond milk immediately or chill.
Notes, tips, and variations
- Almond meal, which is made from the leftover chaff, can be used in smoothies and other recipes that call for almonds or almond flour.