Cookbook:Albanian Meat with Walnuts
|Albanian Meat with Walnuts
Gjellë me arra is an Albanian dish of meat with walnuts. It is often made with veal or chicken.
- Place the meat or chicken in a saucepan, and cook over medium heat until tender.
- Remove the meat, and set it aside in a dish while leaving the remaining juices in the saucepan.
- In another saucepan, add the flour and stir over heat until it becomes light brown in color—do not overcook! Then, add half the butter.
- Add the walnuts, garlic, and egg yolks, stirring constantly.
- Add the meat juices from the other saucepan, and stir until all the ingredients thicken. Immediately remove from the heat to avoid solidifying the egg yolks. Fold in the meat.
- Pan fry the remaining half stick of butter until brown, and pour over the dish before serving.