Cookbook:Śląsko Modro Kapusta (Red Cabbage with Onion and Bacon)
Śląsko modro kapusta is a Silesian version of a side dish made with red cabbage. There also exists a version from the Greater Poland region. Serve as a side dish, normally with Silesian dumplings and roulade.
- Cook sliced cabbage in salted water.
- Dice bacon and fry it in a pan.
- Add onion to the bacon, and sauté until translucent.
- Drain the cabbage, and toss with the bacon and onion.
- Season to your liking with salt, pepper, sugar, and vinegar.