| A reader requests expansion of this book to include more material.
You can help by adding new material (learn how) or ask for assistance in the reading room.
This book takes Aspergia's idea of Re-branding Asperger's one step further -- A book about Aspies, by Aspies and for Aspies. It's time to define ourselves. Let's write The Aspies Book. For more information see this post. For more aspie resources see Resources.
What is this book about?Edit
Let's start with the obvious - nothing is obvious. There is no scientific consensus about what Asperger's Syndrome is. There is even no consensus what 'mind' is or how it works, nor what 'healthy' or 'normal' is supposed to be. Yet for some reason, medical professionals manage to say that for aspies, all these categories - mind, health, normality - are different. Why is that so? What does it do?
There may not be a consensus among medics, but is there one among aspies? Aspies are the true professionals. No one knows them as well as they do themselves. So what is this all about? This book tries to answer some of these questions.
- Metainformation page for listing contributors, both active and past contributors - Add yourself or add information on how previous contributors have added information in a positive way
Suggestions for chaptersEdit
This is for suggesting chapters.
- Overlap and Connection between different diagnoses related to ASD,Aspergers,Autism
- Aspie Employment, Success Stories and Experiences
- Non-verbal Aspie communication
- Gaming as a learning tool for Aspies to improve social skills
- Famous people with ASD,Aspergers,Autism
- Aspies and Prejudice - description: prejudices like that Aspies are good with details, although this might not be prejudice at all since it is commonly accepted that