Animating Weapons for Counter-Strike Source/Setting up the Work Folders< Animating Weapons for Counter-Strike Source
Setting up the WorkspaceEdit
Purpose: To organize work
- Create a folder anywhere for your project. It should have a meaningful name.
- Within this folder create two folders: tocompile and default.
- The tocompile folder is where you will save your animations and references as SMDs and compile them.
- The default folder will contain the default weapon decompiled for QC file referencing.
- Navigate to this folder: C:\Softimage\XSI_6_Mod_Tool\Data\XSI_SAMPLES\Scenes\ (your path may be different)
- Create a new folder here with the same project name.
- Do the same for this folder: C:\Softimage\XSI_4.2_ModTool\Data\XSI_SAMPLES\Scenes\
Note: XSI Mod Tool does not support saving scenes outside of its main folder.
- You do not have to follow the following naming syntax, but it is useful for naming all of your XSI scenes. Typically, after animating, you will end up with:
- css-[projectname]-handssetup (can also be called idle)
Note: This naming format does not have to be used for exporting SMDs.