- 1 What writing system(s) does this language use?
- 2 How many people speak this language?
- 3 Where is this language spoken?
- 4 What is the history of this language?
- 5 Who are some famous authors or poets in this language?
- 6 What are some basic words in this language that I can learn?
- 7 What is a simple song/poem/story that I can learn in this language?
- 8 References
What writing system(s) does this language use?Edit
Sindhi does not use Latin characters like the English you are reading now, but it uses a version of the Arabic script which is written from right to left. There are fifty two letters in Sindhi alphabet. Sindhi alphabet includes traditional Arabic letters and modified and compound Arabic letters to represent typical Sindhi sounds not found in other languages. In India, along with Arabic script, a Devanagari script is also used to write Sindhi.
How many people speak this language?Edit
Approximately 41 million people in Pakistan, and 28 million in India speak Sindhi. it is the second most spoken language of Pakistan, a recognized official language in Pakistan and also an official language in India.
Where is this language spoken?Edit
Primarily in Pakistan and India.
What is the history of this language?Edit
Shah Abdul Latif is a famous Sindhi-language poet.
What are some basic words in this language that I can learn?Edit
munhinjo (my,mine) tunhinjo (yours) aaoon (I) pani(water) nalo(name) aahay(is) bha(brother) bhen(sister)
What is a simple song/poem/story that I can learn in this language?Edit
Authors and Contributing •