- 1 What writing system(s) does this language use?
- 2 How many people speak this language?
- 3 Where is this language spoken?
- 4 What is the history of this language?
- 5 Who are some famous authors or poets in this language?
- 6 What are some basic words in this language that I can learn?
- 7 What is a simple song/poem/story that I can learn in this language?
- 8 References
What writing system(s) does this language use?Edit
Romanian uses the Latin Alphabet, however it has 5 extra letters, which are: ă/Ă, â/Â, î/Î, ş/Ş and ţ/Ţ.
How many people speak this language?Edit
24 million people speak Romanian as their first language. An additional 4 million people have learned it.
Where is this language spoken?Edit
What is the history of this language?Edit
Romanian comes from Latin, which was spoken by the ancient Romans.
Mihail Eminescu(Poet) Vasile Alecsandri(Poet) George Cosbuc(Poet) Ion Luca Caragiale(Play Writer) Mihail Sadoveanu(Writer) Ion Creanga(Writer)
What are some basic words in this language that I can learn?Edit
|Cum te cheamă?||What's your name?|
What is a simple song/poem/story that I can learn in this language?Edit
This is a Romanian birthday song
La mulţi ani cu sanatate Sã vã dea Domnul tot ce doriti, Zile senine şi fericire La mulţi ani sã traiti! (You reapeat this one more time.)
And then you go:
Cine sã traiascã? Cine sã traiascã? La mulţi ani! (The name of the person) sã traiascã (the name of the person) sã traiascã La mulţi ani! Cine sã traiascã? Cine sã traiascã? La mulţi ani!
(Example) Mihai sã traiascã! Mihai sã traiascã! La multi ani!
And then you scream out happy: LA MULŢI ANI!!!
Authors and Contributing •