- 1 What writing system(s) does this language use?
- 2 How many people speak this language?
- 3 Where is this language spoken?
- 4 What is the history of this language?
- 5 Who are some famous authors or poets in this language?
- 6 What are some basic words in this language that I can learn?
- 7 What is a simple song/poem/story that I can learn in this language?
- 8 References
What writing system(s) does this language use?Edit
Nepal Bhasa, also known as Newari, uses Devnagari, Ranjana, Prachalit, Brahmi, Bhunjigol, Golmol and a variety of other writing systems
How many people speak this language?Edit
Nepal Bhasa is spoken by approximately 1,000,000 people around the world.
Where is this language spoken?Edit
Nepal Bhasa is mostly spoken in Nepal. It is also spoken in parts of India, Bhutan and Tibet.
What is the history of this language?Edit
This language developed from a mixture of a lot of Sino-Tibetan and Indo-Aryan languages.
Siddhadas Mahaju, Chhitadhar "Hridaya" etc.
What are some basic words in this language that I can learn?Edit
- Namaskar means "hello"
- Baaye mean "good bye"
- Mero Naam means "my name"
- Swagat means "welcome"
- Dhanyawaad means "Thank you"
- Maya means "love"
To introduce yourself you would say: "Namaskar, Mero Naam" your name "kha"
If you are saying hello to your friend you would say: "Namaste, Namaskar"
What is a simple song/poem/story that I can learn in this language?Edit
Authors and Contributing •
|This Wikijunior article is a stub. You can help Wikijunior by expanding it.|