- 1 What writing system(s) does this language use?
- 2 How many people speak this language?
- 3 Where is this language spoken?
- 4 What is the history of this language?
- 5 Who are some famous authors or poets in this language?
- 6 What are some basic words in this language that I can learn?
- 7 What is a simple song/poem/story that I can learn in this language?
- 8 References
What writing system(s) does this language use?Edit
There are two writing systems: the classical that is popular among those who write in the Milanese style, and the other is a more phonetic version used in most parts of western Lombardy and in the whole of eastern Lombardy. Efforts are being made to create a single writing system.
How many people speak this language?Edit
About 3,5 million
Where is this language spoken?Edit
In parts of Northern Italy: Lombardy, eastern Piedmont (provinces of Novara and Verbano Cusio Ossola); in Southern Switzerland: Canton Ticino and southern Graubünden; and in some small linguistic communities by the descendants of immigrants (for example in Villa Lugano, a borough of Buenos Aires).
What is the history of this language?Edit
What are some basic words in this language that I can learn?Edit
What is a simple song/poem/story that I can learn in this language?Edit
Introduction • Glossary • Authors and Contributing • Print Version