Wikijunior:Famous Inventors/Inventors in Agriculture/Cyrus McCormick< Wikijunior:Famous Inventors | Inventors in Agriculture
||This Wikijunior article about a famous inventor is a stub. You can help Wikijunior by expanding it.|
- 1 When, Where, and to whom was he or she born?
- 2 What was his or her childhood like?
- 3 Why did this person become interested in science?
- 4 Where did this person go to school?
- 5 What problem did he or she uncover that needed solving?
- 6 What solutions had already been tried that did not solve the problem? Why wasn't it working?
- 7 What did this person invent that solved the problem?
- 8 How did the invention solve the problem?
- 9 How has this inventor changed people and the world?
- 10 What happened to this inventor in the end?
- 11 If you could ask this inventor one question, what would you ask?
- 12 If you could bring this inventor to today and tell him or her one thing, what would you tell him or her about the effect of his or her invention?
- 13 References
When, Where, and to whom was he or she born?Edit
He was born at "Woodbridge", the McCormick family farm in Rockbridge County, Virginia  , in the Shenandoah Valley on the western side of the Blue Ridge Mountains. His parents were, Mary Ann Hall; and Robert Hall McCormick. His siblings included: Leander J. McCormick and William Sanderson McCormick. He got his influence from his father who patented early versions of the reaper, which were unsuccessful. His father passed the invention on to him and he perfected it soon after.