Wikijunior:Big Book of Fun Science Experiments/Slime
Do you like making slime? We do, here are some simple experiments of how to make some:Edit
- Place 2 tablespoons of PVA (polyvinyl acetate) glue in a zipper-type plastic bag and add an equal quantity of water.
- Add 1 or 2 drops of food colour, if you want.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of saturated borax solution. (Borax can be bought in a pharmacy, or nag your science teacher to do this at school)
- Squeeze the bag to mix the contents
- When the slime has mostly formed , reach in and take out the slime. Don't be shy, it will not hurt you!
- Knead the slime to make it smooth.
- Voila! You have made your slime! It should be a bit like putty.
Another type of slime you can make, using cornstarch and water, is Oobleck.