Wikibooks:Files to be harvested
|This page contains useful information about the Wikibooks project.
While this is not a listing of rules or policies, it contains information about an important Wikibooks process, custom etc. This page should be helpful to our users; please let us know if it is not.
This is a list of files that have been uploaded to serve as sources for text and images for the textbook project. Material from these can be used freely on this project.
Make sure you use other resources in a wise and legal way: Wikibooks:Media
Various online referencesEdit
- List of mathematics texts including some with open content.
- Other books, some free, some not - theassayer.org.
- Public domain textbooks from the University of Pennsylvania. Lots of old ones here.
- Dozens of online textbooks here although you'd have to investigate the license for each one.
- Wikipedia has lots of useful GPL'ed information, though it needs to be assimilated and organized into a unified whole
- Project Gutenberg has countless texts to which one could link
- For the time being at least, we can only use outside material that is already CC-BY-SA licensed or in the public domain. However, experience on Wikipedia has shown that authors that place their work under one free license tend to be very willing to grant us a CC-BY-SA license, if we ask nicely. See: Wikibooks:Boilerplate request for permission