Supported Windows host operating systems (64 bit)Edit
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10 RTM (1507 / 2015 LTSB) build 10240
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update (1607 / 2016 LTSB) build 14393
- Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) build 16299
- Windows 10 April 2018 Update (1803) build 17134
- Windows 10 October 2018 Update (1809 / 2019 LTSC) build 17763
- Windows 10 May 2019 Update (19H1 / 1903) build 18362
- Windows 10 November 2019 Update (19H2 / 1909) build 18363
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
The VirtualBox installer can be downloaded from the official VirtualBox website. You might want to compare the checksums to verify the integrity of downloaded packages. The SHA256 checksums should be favored as the MD5 algorithm must be treated as insecure!
Run the downloaded installer and follow the on-screen instruction to install Oracle VM VirtualBox. You can opt to add a desktop and start menu shortcut.
NOTE: Your network connections (including the Internet connection) will be interrupted for a short time while the installer installs VirtualBox network drivers.