Teaching Elementary School Health Education/Personal Health and Physical Activity/Skill-Related Fitness
- Skill-related fitness is the capacity to perform well in sports and physical activities.
Fitness skills are skills that can be used in sports and physical activities.
The Six Fitness Skills edit
- Agility - the ability to rapidly change the position of the body.
- Balance - the ability to keep from falling when in a still position or moving.
- Coordination - the ability to use the senses together with body parts during movement.
- Reaction Time - is the time it takes a person to move after hearing, seeing, feeling, or touching a stimulus.
- Speed - the ability to move quickly
- Power - the ability to combine strength and speed.