- I'd like to make a little more attention with an application doesn't suit for two previous chapters.
- It is not a graphics viewer nor editor but you can work on photos anyway.
- The main job of the application is photos album making.
- It's Jalbum.
- 1. Download Jalbum.deb package for Debian from: http://jalbum.net/software/download/current
- a. It needs Java Virtual Machine 1.5 version at least.
- b. Anyway there is Jalbum.bin installation package as well.
- 2. Installation (in "/usr/share/jalbum" folder):
dpkg -i jalbum_version_all.deb
- If you want to install more albums skins download new ones from: http://jalbum.net/skins
- 1. But skins you can't install just like that, click right button of mouse on "Install skin" icon
- and choose "Save it as..." to download it.
- 2. Extract the package and move it out using any File Manager as root to Jalbum's skins folder:
- When your album is ready you can publish it sending out to any hosting server.
- 1. To do that click on "Publish" button on left panel.
- 2. If you have Jalbum account type your name and password.
- 3. Or use existing account on other server.
- 3. Anyway you can send your album out using any different ftp client: Sidux/Ftp clients
- Adding new photos to existing project (to photos folder) you don't need to make the album from the beginning.
- Just open saved project and click on: Make Jalbum-> Make Changes - the application will over write existing
- album making new one.
- Don't forget to over write the album on your hosting server too.
- Home page: http://jalbum.net/
- Jalbum on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jalbum